Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's beginning to taste a lot like Christmas...

I'm embarrassed to tell you that it's December 22 and I haven't done ANY Christmas baking yet. Will I do any? I'm not so sure. Scratch that. Sailor Boy has recently discovered Almond Stick and it's become his latest obsession. Which means I'll be baking that yummy stick of Dutch Christmas goodness and mailing it to him as he sails the high seas.

Anyway... what did I make? Only the yummiest coffee/cocoa drink EVER.

Fireside Coffee, how I love you. I wish I had a picture to share with you, but really, how exciting is a picture of a steaming mug of liquid joy? You'll have to make it for yourself to see (and taste) how great it is. Here's the recipe:

Fireside Coffee
Recipe from www.food.com
Makes 20 servings
2 c. powdered cocoa mix (or 8 packets)
2 c. powdered coffee creamer
1 c. instant coffee
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
(I used the Safeway brand for all the ingredients-- you don't have to buy the best of everything for this recipe.)
Mix all ingredients together.
Add 2 heaping Tbsp. to 2/3 c. hot water.
Tastes great with whipped cream on top!
You can substitute 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon and nutmeg.

I gave individual jars of this mix to my mom and sisters for an early Christmas present, and I've been drinking gallons (okay, maybe not THAT much) of it at home.

Have a very Merry Christmas! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment