Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 14: Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins

I'd really like to make donuts someday, but I really don't want the smell of deep frying in my house. Reminds me way too much of freshman year home-ec class. Yep, quality education complete with a unit on deep frying and how to cook an entire meal (including dessert) in the microwave. Oh, the memories.

But I digress. Back to the donuts. Who doesn't love a cinnamon sugar donut? Sailor Boy's parents (who he affectionately refers to as "Einstein & Dizzy") were here for a week-long visit, and they planned to leave on his mom's birthday. Birthday breakfast muffins! They were super easy to make and tasted wonderful... just like a cinnamon sugar donut. Mission accomplished.

Unfortunately... no pictures. I know. I'm sorry. You'll have to make them yourself to see what they look like. Here's how to make them:

Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
Makes 1 dozen
Recipe from cooks.com

1/2 c. butter
1 egg
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. milk

Mix together butter, egg & sugar. Stir in dry ingredients alternating with milk. Bake in greased muffin tins (or paper-lined muffin cups) for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Topping:
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Dip muffin tops in butter and roll in cinnamon sugar.

This is where you should see a picture. Notice there is no picture. My deepest apologies. You should make these for someone you love.

I promise there will be pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment